We know there’s nothing more frustrating than an EFTPOS terminal that suddenly stops working, especially when there are customers waiting.
So here are some tips to help you get your terminal up and running again in no time.
Q: What should I do if my terminal suddenly stops working?
A: First, restart the terminal by holding down the three yellow keys and pressing Cancel. Or simply unplug it from the wall socket, then plug it back in.
Q: What should I do if my terminal won’t log on to the bank system?
A: If your terminal can’t log on to the bank system, it will print out a receipt with an error. Check whether the date on the receipt is current.
If the date on the receipt is a past or future date, call the help line on 1800 022 966 for a replacement terminal.
If the date is today's date, check the error type on the receipt. Possible error types include:
- No dial tone, no carrier or no answer: There could be a voice message on your phone line. To check, plug a phone into your phone line and lift the receiver. If there is no message, you will hear a clear, normal dial tone. If there is a message on your phone line, your dial tone will sound different. In that case, you simply need to clear the message by listening to it. Once your dial tone has returned to normal, plug the terminal back in and restart it.
- Static on the line: Call your telephone service provider and tell them that there is static on the line preventing the EFTPOS machine from connecting to the bank.
- Other errors: If there is no message on the line and the dial tone is clear you should make sure the terminal is not going into the phone line via a splitter or a fax machine. If it is, plug the terminal directly into the phone line in the wall socket, by-passing all connections, and restart the terminal.
Q: What should I do if my terminal is showing a blank screen?
A: If your terminal is showing a blank screen, check that:
- The round pin at the back of the terminal is inserted into the power socket securely.
- The curly wire from the terminal is properly connected to the black box (the power supply), the connections in the black box are secure, and the black box is showing a green light.
- The wire from the black box is plugged into a power point.
- The power point is functioning properly.
Find out more
Still not working? Call our help line on 1800 022 966, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.