What you'll need to apply
- Have a minimum opening balance of $10,000
- Your Tax File Number (TFN) or TFN Exemption. It’s not an offence to withhold your TFN for the deposit account. However, if you don’t quote it, the Bank is required by law to deduct tax from any interest earned on the deposit account, above a certain threshold.
You may also need (if applicable):
- Existing Commonwealth Bank deposit account number(s)
- Existing Commonwealth Bank debit/credit account number(s)
- NetBank Client Number
- Pension type (Pensioner Security Accounts only)
- Pension number (Pensioner Security Accounts only)
Who can apply?
You can open a Cash Investment account if you (and any joint applicant):
- Are 18 years old or over.
- Are opening the account in personal names (maximum of two applicants for joint accounts) and the account is to be used for personal purposes.
- have a minimum opening balance of $10,000 Have, and will maintain, an Australian residential address.
Applications for accounts where funds are held in trust cannot be accepted online. If you wish to open a trust account, please apply at any branch of the Bank
If you don’t apply through NetBank, within 7 business days of submitting your application you’ll be sent the forms you need to sign to open your account.
If you have any questions or are unable to apply online, please call 13 2221 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.