Trauma has been designed to help you cover medical costs and lessen the severe impact and lifestyle changes that result from any of 48 major illnesses or injuries, such as heart attack, stroke, cancer or blindness.
Features & benefits
For your convenience, Trauma can be purchased on its own or combined with Life and/or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD). It also has flexible benefit options that allow you to customise your package and premium.
Trauma features may include:
- Partial Trauma Cover Benefit, which pays a partial benefit for a range of specific conditions.
- Severe Hardship Booster Benefit, which pays a higher benefit for certain medical conditions.
- Financial Planning Benefit, which helps cover the cost of financial planning following a Trauma Benefit payment.
- Accommodation Benefit, which covers the cost of accommodating a family member to be near you should you be confined to a bed away from home.
- Child Cover Option, which insures your child should they suffer from one of 38 pediatric trauma conditions or die.
- Interim Accident Cover, which covers you for accidents while we’re processing your application.
- Loyalty Bonus Benefit, which rewards you by paying a 5% higher benefit after five years.
- Trauma Cover Buy Back Benefit, which reinstates your cover after 12 months if it’s reduced to less than $10,000 by another claim.
- Indexation: Increases your cover each year in line with inflation.
For added peace of mind, a Trauma Plus option is available and provides you partial cover for an additional 10 adult trauma conditions.
How to start planning
Trauma insurance is a critical component of any holistic financial plan. If you’d like some help customising the right policy for you, or want to know more about the financial benefits of insurance, you can use our online booking form to schedule an no-obligation consultation with a Commonwealth Financial Planner and start planning today.
- Important Information
Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for full details of these benefits and when they are payable.
As this advice (including the statements on taxation which are based on present taxation laws, rulings and their interpretation) has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. You should seek advice from your taxation adviser in relation to taxation matters.
Income Protection, Life, Business Overheads, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) and Trauma form part of CommInsure Protection. CommInsure Protection is issued by The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited ABN 12 004 021 809 (CMLA).
CMLA and the Trustee are wholly owned subsidiaries of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124. Commonwealth Bank of Australia does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CMLA or the Trustee or the products they offer.
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) describing CommInsure Protection is available online, from your Commonwealth Financial Planner or by calling 13 10 56 (from overseas, call +61 13 10 56) and should be considered in making any decision about these products.
Commonwealth Financial Planners are representatives or authorised representatives of Commonwealth Financial Planning Limited ABN 65 003 900 169 AFSL 231139, a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.