One of the safest and most effective ways to receive money from overseas is to have it paid directly into your Commonwealth Bank account.
Arranging an International Money Transfer
To make an International Money Transfer to your Commonwealth Bank account, your overseas bank will need the following details:
- SWIFT payment to: CTBAAU2S
- Bank: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Beneficiary name: Your full name as it appears in your passport
- Branch name: Supplied by International Customer Services once you open an account
- Bank/state/branch code: Supplied by International Customer Services once you open an account with us
- Account number: Supplied by International Customer Services once you open an account with us
Transferring money from the US and Canada
For international money transfers in USD from the US or Canada, the following information is required:
- Agent Bank: BNY Mellon
- ABA: 021 0000 18
- SWIFT Address: IRVTUS3N
Please note that all funds transferred into a Commonwealth Bank account will be charged an acceptance fee.
- As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances.