Welcome to your new Travel Money Card, providing you a secure and convenient way to access your money overseas.
Travel Money Cards purchased online via NetBank and replacement cards need to be activated before you can use them. You must also set up a 4-digit PIN for each card to use for ATM withdrawals and purchases1.
There are just a few steps to complete before your cards are ready to use:
Step 1: Sign both cards immediately
You have received two cards for added security. Both cards access the same balance but it’s a good idea to keep the second card somewhere safe as a back-up in case anything happens to the first card. You should sign both cards immediately.
Step 2: Activate your card
After you click on ‘Activate’, you will be directed to Travel Money Online. If:
- You have previously registered for Travel Money Online: log in with your new Travel Money Card and your existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgotten password’ link to receive your password hint or to have your password sent to you via email.
- You have not registered for Travel Money Online: click on the ‘REGISTER’ button and register for Travel Money Online. You will need your 6-digit registration code chosen when you purchased your cards and sent to you via SMS. If you cannot remember your registration code call (+61) 1300 660 700 and press * to speak with a customer service representative.
Your cards will be automatically activated and you will need to set up a PIN for each card.
- For your security, choose a PIN that can’t be guessed easily and don’t write it on your card or store it in a place where others can access it. Never disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Your PIN is used to make ATM withdrawals and purchases.
- Remember not to confuse your 4-digit PIN with your 6-digit Registration Code (chosen at the time of purchase), which is used to log on to the Travel Money Online and identify yourself when calling the Travel Money Customer Service Centre.
- You can choose the same PIN for each card or a different PIN but remember which PIN you have selected for each card.
Managing and reloading your card
You can check your balance and transaction history, change your PIN or transfer between currencies through Travel Money Online.
When you need to reload your card, you can call the Travel Money Card Customer Service Centre on 1300 660 700, visit any of Commonwealth Bank branch in Australia or use BPAY® via phone or online banking. If you plan to reload via BPAY in NetBank while travelling overseas, make sure global roaming is activated on your mobile as you will be required to enter a NetCode the first time you make a BPAY reload. A reload fee applies.
- Important information
1 If you purchased your Travel Money Card at a Commonwealth Bank branch, both cards will be automatically activated and you have been provided with a PIN for each card. You do not need to follow these steps.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. BPAY is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518.