1. If you met someone at a BBQ (and they had no real knowledge of financial services) how would you describe what you do?
I lead a team of people who are available to take customers’ enquiries over the phone.
2. What do you love most about your job in Retail Banking Services?
I love the customer contact and the opportunities that the bank has to move into other areas and learn new skills. The people I work with are also fantastic, supportive and we have a lot of fun together.
3. What qualities do you think a person would need to have to do really well in your role?
Drive, determination and a genuine desire to help people achieve their goals.
4. Is there anything in particular that you really like about Commonwealth Bank as an employer?
The Bank looks after its employees. There are a number of benefits such as a share portfolio that is given free of cost to employees. There are also a number of discounts for Banking products and a Health Care Benefit scheme that is available for employees’ families.
1. Is there anything in particular that you really like about Commonwealth Bank as an employer?
The Bank has looked after my development exceptionally well. I have been really lucky to have the bosses I have had; people who have really cared about me and my development.
2. Would you recommend your job to your friends – and if so, why?
Definitely. If you enjoy diversity in your role, you will love it.
3. Do you find your job challenging and interesting? If so, what parts?
I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t challenging. The day you feel like you have mastered it, a new challenge pops up.
4. How important to you is the team of people you work with?
They are everything!
5. If you could sum up the culture of Retail Banking Services in one word, what would it be?
A Team Leader is responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring a group of employees. They are committed to helping individuals achieve their career goals as well as to providing exceptional quality customer service to the Bank’s customers. On a day-to-day basis, a Team Leader will help employees with customer queries, provide ongoing support and will need to have a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s retail products and services.