Applications for our 2017/18 Intern Program are now open. Applications will close 6th August at 11.55pm (AEST) with the exception of our Global Markets Summer Analyst Program which will close 27th July at 12.00pm (AEST).
At Bankwest our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our culture supports colleagues to deliver a great service to customers that aims to make banking easier. Our collaborative team environment and positive culture enable colleagues to reach their potential and contribute to the success of Bankwest.
Over this year long program, you’ll shadow experienced sales people and Relationship Managers, to get an understanding of what matters to our customers and how we can help them achieve their dreams and goals.
About Business Banking
Business Banking provides a full range of innovative core and specialised business banking products and services to our business, commercial, property, rural & regional, corporate and small business customers across Australia.
From customers with business lending under $250,000, to clients with large turnovers and more complex borrowing requirements, our Business Banking colleagues service customers across a wide range of industries.
With market leading transaction and investment accounts through to flexible business loans and sophisticated financial market and international trade products, we are a business committed to making a meaningful difference in the financial services marketplace.
This structured program includes various rotations within Business Banking, Broker Acquisition Team and Specialist Sales with a focus on developing knowledge and understanding of the end to end sales process. Through these rotations you’ll gain in-depth experience in the Business Banking market, have direct exposure to customers, and develop core sales and relationship building capabilities. Some rotations may include state-based or inter-state travel.
As a graduate, you can aspire to a variety of different roles within our team. These include:
- Business Analyst
- Business Performance Manager
- Assistant Relationship Manager
- Relationship Manager
- Senior Relationship Manager
- Business Development Manager
You’ll also have the potential to progress through to Executive and General Manager roles throughout your career at Bankwest.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to develop a career in banking and finance, demonstrated through a determination to learn everything about our business. This will include having the ability to develop business acumen, challenge yourself and colleagues, meet new people and develop professional and customer relationships. Creative thinkers and innovators are highly regarded especially when you can leverage these skills to make banking easier for our customers.
As well as the chance to immerse yourself in our Business Banking division, you’ll also benefit from:
- Diverse experience - you’ll be based in a Business Banking centre, so you’ll get authentic, on the job experience
- Knowledge - get an in-depth understanding of our sales and risk processes as well as our product range
- Exposure - be exposed to other areas of the bank, including sales, risk, products, and our local stores. You’ll also have exposure to strategic initiatives supporting our Division and Customers
- Customer interaction - you’ll work directly with customers to build your experience
- Project management - you’ll be assigned projects or tasks that you’ll manage and see through to completion
- Training and development - take part in learning forums, networking functions, development projects, and social activities
- Support - you’ll be partnered with a mentor, have networking opportunities with senior leaders and receive support to develop your leadership and business skills
- Personal development- you’ll have an opportunity to develop your personal brand and communication skills.