Commonwealth Bank launches next generation mobile phone banking
23 March 2009
Mobile phone banking: any mobile, anytime, anywhere
Commonwealth Bank today announced the launch of its next generation mobile internet banking service, available on any internet enabled mobile phone.
Customers can now log on to their NetBank account via their mobile by visiting www.netbank.com.au/mobile and:
- check account balances and scheduled transactions
- transfer funds to third party bank accounts
- pay bills using BPAY
- review future transactions
- view current applications with the Bank
- see their current CommSec trading balance
- locate their nearest Commonwealth Bank branch or ATM* (if the customer has an iPhone, they can then get directions from their location using GPS).
According to Commonwealth Bank Executive General Manager Retail Products, Michael Cant, the Bank is focused on giving customers even more choice about the way they manage their money.
“Commonwealth Bank is continually working to make the most of new technology and the opportunities it offers for accessing banking services. Most people are never far from their mobile phone and this enhanced, free service means customers can do their banking anytime, anywhere.”
An added bonus of the Bank’s mobile phone banking is the ability for customers to search for the nearest branch or ATM, helping customers avoid ATM charges by using any one of the thousands of Commonwealth Bank ATMs across the country.
A demonstration of NetBank mobile can be found at www.commbank.com.au/mobile.
For more information contact:
Ph: (02) 9378 5096
Mobile: 0403 681 515
*accessed via mobile banking home page.