Australia’s #1 financial services destination gets a makeover
Commonwealth Bank unveils Aussie firsts in online and mobile banking
The Bank also announced that its industry-leading pay-anyone, anywhere, anytime service -- Kaching has been downloaded more than 300,000 times. Commonwealth Banks apps continue to experience rapid growth with more than 2.8 million downloads across CommBank, NetBank, Property Guide and Kaching.
“Our investments in Core banking and services like NetBank and Kaching make banking easier than ever before, putting Australians in control of their money and giving them access to exciting new services,” said Andy Lark, chief marketing and online officer, Commonwealth Bank.
Top innovations for customers
- Reach savings goals faster: NetBank will help make saving even easier with the introduction of a new tool to track a savings plan. Customers simply select their savings goal, for example, a holiday, set the target amount and date they want and get saving. Every time a customer logs into NetBank they can see how they are tracking.
- Staying on top of money: The new updates will provide easier access to important account information, such as the current interest rate on a savings account, scheduled transfers, due date of a credit card payment, as well as an improved transaction history search.
- New look and simplified design: NetBank will feature a new navigation bar to make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. For example, all the options for managing an account, including updating contact details and changing a PIN, are now grouped under a new "More" tab. Customers will also find a new section with access to foreign exchange rates, tools and more to help simplify everyday banking.
- NetBank Vault: In an Australian banking first, Commonwealth Bank will pilot to customers an online virtual safety deposit box – NetBank Vault. Customers will be able to save important documents such as pay slips, contracts, scanned copies of passports/drivers licences, receipts and product warranties etc., in their online bank account, backed with the greatest online security.
- CommBank Kaching – simpler, faster: CommBank Kaching now features Simple Balance – users simply drag the application down to see current balance information. Speed improvements make checking-out with tap-and-go even faster. And a simplified collections process makes peer-to-peer payments easier than ever.
- FX Google Chrome: A foreign currency management for Google Chrome users has been released, CommBank Foreign Exchange Toolkit.
- NetBank for Google Chrome: CommBank is the first Bank to have an App in the Australian Google Chrome App Store. Users enjoy the added benefits of a more intuitive design, faster browsing and the ability to sync with other Google services.
The Bank’s App’s are also proving popular with customers, with the App’s securing top spots in the iTunes store for all of its applications. Recent accolades include CANSTAR Cannex “Best Online Banking”, Amber Awards “Best Online Banking Services” and “Best Mobile Banking Services”, and iAwards “Mobile Payments Service”.
P: (02) 9118 1706| M: 0403 681 515 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org