COMMBANK MAKING CRICKET EVEN BETTER
Commonwealth Bank has today announced the launch of the CommBank Cricket Club, aiming to make cricket even better for all Australians.
For the first time, all Australians have the opportunity to benefit from the free, online club with CommBank Cricket Club members enjoying a range of benefits for themselves and their local cricket club.
Cricket fans can apply for money-can’t-buy experiences and access to tickets to this summer’s Commonwealth Bank Ashes Series. Local community cricket clubs can apply for funding, equipment and unique support packages.
Community cricket club applications are now open for:
- The 2014 CommBank Cricket Club Grants for Grassroots™ program. The grassroots program will award 90 cricket clubs with much needed funding and training equipment. Each prize includes a cash grant of $1,000 and an equipment pack containing essential training and playing gear such as stumps, balls and markers.
- Super Grant. One community club will have its Grants for Grassroots grant upgraded to a $10,000 Super Grant.
- The 2014 CommBank Cricket Club Empowerment Projects. Five community clubs will win bespoke support packages to address an area of need for the club. From providing vital equipment or infrastructure upgrades, giving the local clubhouse a makeover or helping to champion women’s cricket, the CommBank Cricket Club will provide support including resources, equipment and people to get the job done.
Other CommBank Cricket Club offers include:
- The chance to watch the action live over the summer with 900 tickets to be won to the Commonwealth Bank Ashes Series.
- Unique experiences including a pair of Gold Category tickets to one day’s play, which includes meeting the captains before the match and a walk around the boundary at lunchtime. One pair of Gold Category tickets will be available at each Test.
- One CommBank Cricket Club member will win a chance to experience the best of the Commonwealth Bank Ashes Sydney Pink Test with the Ultimate Member’s Package for two. This includes tickets to the first two days of the final Test of the Series in Sydney, flights, accommodation, plus exclusive experiences including a tour of the dressing room, access to a training session, a walk around the boundary during lunch and a cricket bat signed by the Australian Test Team.
According to Vittoria Shortt, Chief Marketing Officer, Commonwealth Bank, the new CommBank Cricket Club enhances the Bank's support of Australian cricket from a grassroots level and beyond in an effort to increase the reach and inclusivity of the sport.
“At CommBank we support Australian cricket at every level, from our elite Ashes teams to our community clubs hosting all levels of players, right through to supporters and enthusiasts of the game. We know it’s the local cricket clubs that are fostering the growth of young players, which is why, through our CommBank Cricket Club we are helping local clubs across Australia.
“Our Grants for Grassroots program has been extremely popular over the past five years and we are pleased to continue supporting local clubs, which play such an important role in the community and the overall popularity of the game,” said Ms Shortt.
Former Australian Test Cricketer and CommBank Cricket Club ambassador, Michael Hussey encourages clubs of all sizes, in all locations to apply.
“Local cricket clubs across the country play a pivotal role in the development of cricketers at all levels. The support and contributions from Commonwealth Bank help clubs make the game more accessible and enjoyable for players, ensuring cricket continues to be an important part of our community,” said Mr Hussey.
CommBank has been supporting Australian cricket for more than 26 years and is Cricket Australia’s longest standing partner. CommBank’s support includes sponsorship of the Australian Test Team, the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars, the Commonwealth Bank Ashes Series, the Australian Country Cricket Championships and the Imparja Cup.
To apply for a CommBank Cricket Club grant including Grants for Grassroots, Super Grant and a Club Empowerment Project, or to learn more about CommBank Cricket Club please visit www.commbank.com.au/cricket.
Notes to editors:
- Applications are open for Grants for Grassroots, Super Grant and Club Empowerment Projects from now until 15 August 2014.
- 2014 club recipients will be announced on 29 August 2014.