The Commonwealth Bank Group recognises the importance of attracting, retaining and developing good quality people in achieving its vision - to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities.
As part of our overall sustainability approach we are committed to fostering a culture where our people are engaged, passionate and valued as success with our people will lead to success with our customers, shareholders and our community over the long term.
Our vision - to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities - is further supported by our commitment to:
- Diversity – We respect diversity in our people and in their ideas, work styles and perspectives.
- Flexibility – We offer flexibility in employment to ensure a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
- Employee benefits – Our people can access a broad range of benefits, including discounted banking products and financial services, access to salary packaging options, opportunity to participate in annual share grants, purchasing additional leave, holiday discounts on hotels, car hire and airfares, as well as deals on computers, entertainment and fitness.
- Health, safety and wellbeing – We offer support and information services, child care, nursing mothers' retreats, competitive private health insurance, free health checks and flu vaccinations, as well as parenting and health seminars.
- Leadership development – We believe it's critical to develop the leadership capabilities of people in our organisation.
- Our ongoing commitment to the community – We have been strengthening and enriching the communities in which we live and work since we opened in 1912
We regularly conduct internal measures of the culture within the Group and have recorded continual improvement in employee satisfaction over the last five years. We are now ranked in the top quartile of the Gallup worldwide database.