2017 Half Year Results
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (the Group) announced its results for the half year ended 31 December 2016 on Wednesday, 15 February 2017.
The Group’s statutory net profit after tax (NPAT) for the half year ended 31 December 2016 was $4,895 million, which represents a 6 per cent increase on the prior comparative period. Cash NPAT was $4,907 million, an increase of 2 per cent on the prior comparative period. Return on equity (cash basis) was 16 per cent.
The Board determined an interim dividend of $1.99 per share, a 1 cent increase on the 2016 interim dividend.
The interim dividend, which will be fully franked, will be paid on 4 April 2017 with the ex-dividend date being 22 February 2017.
- Half Year Profit Announcement (PDF)
- Media Release (PDF)
- Half Year Results Investor Discussion Pack (PDF)
- Half Year Results Presentation - update by CEO and CFO (PDF)
- Half Year Media Presentation - update by CEO (PDF)
- Results Glossary (PDF)
- Half Year Results excel tables
- Financial Reporting and 2017 interim profit announcement template (PDF) - released on 2 February 2017
- 2017 interim profit announcement template (excel) - released on 2 February 2017
- View webcast
- Read news article