2003-1997 Annual reports
2002 Annual report
Welcome to the Commonwealth Bank’s 2002 Online Annual Report. Read here the full financial statements or download the PDF of the concise annual report.
1999 Annual report
Reporting for the Financial Year ending 30 June 1999 is available in two formats:
The Report to Shareholders - a 48 page colour document including concise financial statements.
The full annual report is a 164 page black and white document which includes the disclosure requirements for both Australia and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
1998 Annual report
The 1998 Annual Report has been printed in two formats:
1. The Report to Shareholders - a concise version of the full Annual Report document. For this year the Report to Shareholders consists of the first 48 pages of the full Annual Report.
2. The Full Annual Report - consisting of the Report to Shareholders and the detailed financial statements of the Commonwealth Bank.
The Report to Shareholders is available on-line in two sections.
The first section of the Report to Shareholders contains:
- Highlights of the 1997/98 result
- Financial Calendar for 1999
- Message to Shareholders from the Chairman and Managing Director
- Review of the operations and performance for the Bank's business
- Organisational Chart
The second section of the Report to Shareholders contains:
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Report
- Five Year Financial Summary
- Concise Financial Statements
- Shareholding Information
- Bank contact names and addresses
Download the detailed Financial Statements of the Commonwealth Bank.
By downloading these documents you will have all the information contained in the Full Annual Report of the Bank.
1997 Annual report
- Commonwealth Bank profit $1,078 million (after abnormal items).
- Return on shareholders' equity 16.4% (after abnormal items).
- Group Assets grew by 10% to $120.1 billion at year end.