Investing in the growth of a strong Indigenous business sector
We take a holistic approach to investing in the Indigenous business sector. Through the implementation of our cultural capability framework, we are building our internal capability to continually improve the way we engage with Indigenous businesses while also investing in business capability building for Indigenous entrepreneurs, CEOs and boards.
- Through our network of trained business bankers, we provide Indigenous organisations and corporations with integrated banking packages that recognise their unique circumstances
- Our Community Business Finance program has provided tailored business banking packages to over 30 Indigenous entrepreneurs around Australia. The program gives access to affordable banking solutions such as transaction accounts, business debit cards, merchant facilities e.g., EFTPOS, and business development support
- Over the next three years we’ll develop and implement an approach that empowers Indigenous boards to continue to build leadership and governance capability
- We’re a proud founding member of Supply Nation, Australia's leading business-to-business membership body dedicated to growing Indigenous diversity within corporate supply chains. Our membership means we can introduce more Indigenous businesses with buyers across the Group
- Our new partnership with Supply Nation will support us with connecting Indigenous businesses with skilled volunteers from Supply Nation members to access timely advice, specialist knowledge and support
- We hold an annual ‘Meet the Buyer’ event to educate suppliers on how the Group manages tender processes as well as how we build relationships with Indigenous businesses
- In 2016, we supported Supply Nation’s first Indigenous Business Innovation Tour. The first tour was at Silicon Valley to see how disruptive technologies can provide business opportunities as well as threaten current business models.