We value the diversity of thought, experience and perspectives our leaders bring to the organisation and actively seek passionate and talented people to work in our business.
All our people have unique and valuable talents to contribute to our organisation. To ensure we can foster these talents in an inclusive culture, we continue to recruit and develop the best person for the job, regardless of gender, age, race, family or caring responsibilities, disability and sexual orientation, identity or preference.
Women comprise 60 per cent of the CommBank workforce and fill over 45 per cent of management roles. A key focus is to increase the representation of women in senior leadership roles to ensure a broad representation of women right across the Group.
To achieve this, we are:
- Increasing awareness and education
- Creating greater transparency in appointments
- Updating our business processes and policies
- Actively working to ensure female leaders are identified early in their career
- Attracting and retaining top female talent through a range of initiatives including:
- Career resiliency
- High-potential development programs
- A range of flexible working, parental and carers’ support options
In 2012, the Group won the prestigious Catalyst Award for our culture change program and diversity initiatives. This award recognises organisations around the world that have created successful programs to recruit, retain and advance women in the workplace. We are the only Australian bank to have won this award.
A strong leadership commitment and effective culture has made it possible to build even greater diversity in leadership, with comprehensive unconscious-bias training for all senior leaders.