Commonwealth Bank of Australia
O-Week 2018 $10k Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The Commonwealth Bank of Australia 'O-Week 2018 $10k Competition' (Promotion) is conducted by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) of 1-11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW, 2000 (PH: 13 2221) (Promoter).
- The Promotion commences at 9:00AM (AEDT) on 22 January 2018 and closes at 11:59PM (AEST) on 8 April 2018 (Promotion Period).
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/18991,ACT Permit No. TP17/02172 andSA Permit No. T17/2065.
Eligibility / How to enter
- Entry is open to Australian residents who:
- are a full-time or part-time tertiary student at an educational institution located in Australia or are undertaking an Australian apprenticeship at any time during the Promotion Period and at the time the prize is drawn;
- are not an employee or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of an employee of the Promoter or the Promoter’s related entities directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) at the time the prize is drawn; and
- have or open a Commonwealth Bank 'Everyday Account' in their name with the Promoter (Commonwealth Bank Everyday Account) that is registered for 'Student Options' at any time during the Promotion Period, and at the time the prize is drawn, (Entrants).
- Entrants will be automatically entered into the draw. Only one automatic entry per person.
Commonwealth Bank Everyday Accounts and Student Options
- Individuals who do not have an existing Commonwealth Bank Everyday Account as at the start of the Promotion Period may open a Commonwealth Bank Everyday Account that is registered for 'Student Options' by either:
- visiting a Commonwealth Bank branch and presenting their student ID; or
- visiting the Commonwealth Bank website at www.commbank.com.au/students.
- Individuals who already have an existing Commonwealth Bank Everyday Account that is not registered for 'Student Options' may either:
- register for 'Student Options' by visiting a Commonwealth Bank branch and presenting their student ID; or
- register for 'Student Options' at any official CommBank university activation event.
- The first eligible entry randomly drawn will win $AUD10,000 (Prize). The total value of the prize is $10,000AUD.
Determining the winner
- The random electronic prize draw will take place at 12:00PM (AEST) on 7 May 2018 at the Promoter's offices at 1-11 Harbour Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 (Draw). The first eligible entry drawn, as determined by the Promoter, will be the winner.
- At the time of the Draw, the Promoter will randomly draw a further five additional eligible entries to be reserve winners if the Prize is not claimed in accordance with these terms. The first of these additional eligible entries drawn will be the reserve winner (Reserve Winner).
Announcing the winner
- The Promoter will notify the winner by telephone and email within 2 business days of the draw, and will publish the name of the winner in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on 14 May 2018.
Claiming the prize
- The winner must claim the Prize by 5:00PM (AEST) on 7 August 2018 by confirming receipt of the notification during the notification telephone call or by return email.
- If the Prize is not claimed by that time, the winner will be taken to have forfeited the Prize, and the Promoter will award the Prize to the Reserve Winner at 12:00PM (AEST) on 8 August 2018.
- The Promoter will notify the Reserve Winner by telephone and email within 2 business days, and will publish the name of the Reserve Winner in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on 15 August 2018.
- As a condition of claiming the Prize:
- the Winner or Reserve Winner (as the case may be); or
- if the Winner or Reserve Winner is under the age of 18 at the time of the Draw, a parent or legal guardian of the Winner or Reserve Winner,
- (Prize Recipient), must, on their own behalf, and on behalf of the Entrant (as applicable):
- accept these terms;
- enter into any further agreement required by the Promoter to confirm the nominated parent or guardian's consent to the winning Entrant entering this Promotion;
- supply evidence of a valid student ID; and
- consent to the Promoter using the Prize Recipient's and/or the winning Entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter; and
- sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or any suppliers of any elements of the Prize in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity.
- The Prize will be deposited into the winning Entrant's Commonwealth Bank Everyday Account.
- Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Promotion form part of these terms.
- Any entry not complying with these terms is invalid. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all aspects of this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Beneficiaries of the Prize accept the Prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from their prize. Beneficiaries of the Prize should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
- Promoter reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and the status of all accounts held with Commonwealth Bank) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may, subject to the approval of all relevant regulatory authorities, take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related entities (including its respective directors, officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a beneficiary of a Prize (including an Entrant and the Prize Recipient); (f) use/taking of the Prize (g) the Promotion.
- The Promoter may collect Prize Recipient's personal information for the purposes of administering this Promotion and contacting the Prize Recipient regarding information on products or services that may be of benefit or interest to the Prize Recipient.
- The Promoter may communicate the Prize Recipient's personal information to external providers and organisations to which it may outsource certain functions, including contactors, prize suppliers, service providers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. The Promoter will not disclose a Prize Recipient's personal information to any entity outside of Australia.