CommBank Awards Program
Reward your business every time you spend
Enjoy rewarding your business, simply by doing what you’re already doing. All you need is your CommBank Business Awards credit cards to earn Awards points every time you spend. It’s an easy way to make purchasing for your business even more valuable for you.
The CommBank Awards Program is the largest credit card rewards program in Australia1. It’s all about choice, freedom and value for money for you and your business. You’ll receive two cards on each account, a CommBank Business Awards American Express® Card and a CommBank Business Awards Mastercard® to maximise your Awards points earning potential. The points earned from your business spending and transactions are awarded to the primary account holder.
CommBank Awards points never expire so you can save them up for your choice of reward. Choose from thousands of items, travel, gift cards or even for cash2 – we'll credit it straight into your account so you can treat yourself to whatever you like.
Earn Awards points
- Your CommBank Business Awards American Express® Card earns you up to 3 Awards points for every dollar you spend3 on what you choose, including paying most bills.
- Your CommBank Business Awards Mastercard® earns you 1 Awards point for every dollar you spend3 and is conveniently accepted at more than 38 million locations worldwide.
- Earn double or even triple Awards points when you make purchases with your credit cards with one of our Bonus Partners.
- Earn Awards points to redeem for travel, entertainment, merchandise or cash back2.
How does it work?
Once you’re enrolled in the CommBank Awards Program, our CommBank Awards website will help you keep track of your points, as well as showing you all the great rewards you can redeem your points for. You’ll also find plenty of offers giving you even better value for your points.
You have the potential to earn up to 300,000 Awards points per year with your CommBank Business Awards credit cards. View the CommBank Awards Program Terms and Conditions with all the latest program information.
As a member of the American Express Network, you'll enjoy a range of unique global privileges, including American Express Selects™ and globaleshop.
Travel freedom: Flight Centre
Travel where you want, when you want, and how you want. The CommBank Awards Program gives you more freedom than ever before to use your points for travel.
You can redeem Awards points instantly at any of Flight Centre Limited’s stores Australia wide, by calling 1300 165 033 or by visiting the CommBank Awards website through NetBank. And, if you don’t have quite enough points, you can always pay the remaining amount on your Business Awards credit card using ‘Points Plus Pay’.
Flight Centre Limited is Australia's largest travel agency network which means you can also redeem points at Escape Travel, Student Flights, Travel Associates and Cruiseabout.
Travel rewards: Velocity Frequent Flyer or Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Awards points can be redeemed at any time for Velocity4 (the global frequent flyer program of Virgin Australia), provided you're a member of the relevant program. Conditions apply.
- If you’d like to transfer your points to Qantas Frequent Flyer, you must opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct5. Once you’ve opted in, all points earned will be automatically transferred across to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month. There is a $30 annual fee to opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct. You cannot redeem existing Awards points when you opt in. Conditions apply.
|1 Velocity Frequent
Flyer point =
|Awards||2.5 CommBank Awards points*|
|Gold||2.5 CommBank Awards points*|
|Platinum||2 CommBank Awards points|
|Diamond||2 CommBank Awards points|
|1 Qantas Point =||Awards||2.5 CommBank Awards points|
|Gold||2.5 CommBank Awards points|
|Platinum||2.5 CommBank Awards points^|
|Diamond||2.5 CommBank Awards points^|
1. Source: Roy Morgan Research, customers 18+ with a rewards/loyalty card in the 12 months to February 2017.
2. Cash back doesn’t contribute to minimum monthly credit card payment.
3. Points are earned on eligible transactions (most purchases, but not, for example, BPAY transactions, cash advances, payments to the Australian Taxation Office unless made using a Business Awards card, or balance transfers) and are subject to points capping - see commbank.com.au/creditcardstc for more information.
From 1/7/17, you'll earn maximum points per $1 spent when you use your American Express card for eligible transactions overseas and at supermarkets, department stores and petrol stations in Australia; and 0.5 points per $1 spent using your American Express card everywhere else. Refer to the CommBank Awards Program Terms and Conditions for more information."
4. Velocity Frequent Flyer (Velocity) is the loyalty program of the Virgin Australia Group. You must be a member of Velocity to redeem your CommBank Awards points for Velocity Points. Points transferred to Velocity and membership of Velocity is subject to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions, available at velocityfrequentflyer.com, as amended from time to time. A minimum of 3,600 CommBank Awards points must be redeemed for Velocity Points. Once CommBank Awards points have been redeemed for Velocity Points, they are governed by the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions and cannot be reversed. Velocity is owned and operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd as trustee of The Loyalty Trust.
5. To opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct, call 13 1661. There is a $30 annual fee charged for opting in. The earning and redemption of Commonwealth (CommBank) Awards points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the CommBank Awards Program available at commbank.com.au. Points are earned on eligible transactions (most purchases, but not, for example, BPAY transactions, cash advances, payments to the Australian Taxation Office unless made using a Business Awards card, or balance transfers) and are subject to points capping - see commbank.com.au/creditcardstc for more information. Customers must be opted in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct to earn Qantas Points. Once a customer has opted in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct, all CommBank Awards points earned after opting in will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Points and transferred monthly to their Qantas Frequent Flyer account at the applicable conversion rate. It is important to note that any CommBank Awards points earned prior to the date of your opt-in cannot be transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Further information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program including the terms and conditions of the program are available at qantas.com/terms or by calling 13 11 31.
American Express is a trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia pursuant to a license from American Express. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.