Your Virtual Account Number is an alternative to your card number. It’s a way of protecting your card details so they aren’t exposed to anyone other than you.
When you make a contactless payment, the Virtual Account Number (not your CommBank card info) is what whoever you pay sees.
We’ll cover any loss due to unauthorised transactions on your account, as long as you protect your cards, devices, client numbers, PINs, passwords and any other access methods, and immediately notify us of their loss, theft or misuse or any suspicious activity on your account.
Commonwealth Bank “Tap and Pay Cash Back Promotion”
1. Instructions on how to claim and cash back details set out in all communications regarding the Commonwealth Bank of Australia “Tap and Pay Cash Back Promotion” (the “Promotion”) form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Any claim not complying with these Terms and Conditions of entry is invalid. Entry into this Promotion and the acceptance or receipt of a cash back by the winning claimants is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. The Promoter is the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) of Level 3, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, telephone 13 2221 (the “Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 9.00am AEDST on 1 November 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on 17/12/2017 or when thirty thousand (30,000) valid claims have been received, whichever is first to occur (the “Promotion Period”). The Promoter may (but is not obligated to), in its absolute discretion, elect to extend the Promotion Period or increase the maximum number of claims, subject to approval by the relevant regulatory authorities.
4. To be eligible to claim, individuals must satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
5. To claim, (individuals who satisfy the Eligibility Requirements) must tap & pay at least three (3) separate times with either the CommBank app on Android or Android Pay on their mobile device, using their CommBank Mastercard debit or credit card, during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, individuals must pay for three separate transactions with their CommBank Mastercard debit and/or credit card, using the tap &pay function in the CommBank app on Android and/or Android Pay on their mobile device. If an individual fails to use the tap & pay function either in the CommBank app on Android or Android Pay on their mobile device to pay for a transaction, such a transaction will not be eligible for this promotion, even if the individual used their CommBank Mastercard debit or credit card. Wearables/smart watch transactions are excluded from this promotion and will not be eligible. Transactions made via iOS Pay Tag are not eligible for this promotion.
For clarity, claimants must be one (1) of the first thirty thousand (30,000) customers to complete all three (3) eligible tap & pay transactions to receive a cash back. A claim will be deemed received only once the third eligible tap & pay transaction is completed.
6. Only one (1) claim is permitted per person. Offer is strictly limited to the first thirty thousand (30,000) valid claims received.
7. The first thirty thousand (30,000) valid claims received will each be awarded a $20 cash back, credited to their CommBank Mastercard debit and/or credit card. In the event that a clamant uses multiple CommBank Mastercard debit and/or credit cards to make the eligible tap & pay transactions, their cash back will be awarded to the CommBank Mastercard debit and/or credit card that is used to make their third eligible tap & pay transaction. Claimants must not cancel their CommBank Mastercard debit and/or credit card within a 10 business day period of the end of the Promotional Period, to allow for the cash back to be credited. If they cancel their card in this period, their cash back will be forfeited.
8. Claimants, if they are a winner, will be notified via a push notification or SMS on their device. The winning claimants account will be credited with the cash back within ten (10) business days of the Promoter receiving their complete and valid claim.
9. The total prize pool value is $600,000.
10. The cash back, or any unused portion of the cash back, is not transferable or exchangeable. The claimants accept the cash back ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the cash back. The claimants should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the cash back listed. If any cash back is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the cash back with a reward of an equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations.
13. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a claimant does not take/redeem the cash back by the time agreed by the Promoter then that cash back will be forfeited by that claimant.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the claimants demonstrate their eligibility for the cash back as a condition of receipt of a cash back. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
15. If for any reason this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of running as planned due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any claimant who tampers with the entry process.
16. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website/CommBank app and/or Android Pay is dependent on the Internet Service Provider used and is the responsibility of the entrant.
17. Claimants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a successful claimant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. As a condition of claiming a cash back, the claimant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or cash back suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimant’s (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof (including, but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s related to or resulting from participation in (or downloading any materials in) this Promotion.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entities (and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents), will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to) indirect, consequential, financial or other loss to or by a claimant.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in cash back value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) taking/using the cash back.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/18641, SA Permit No. T17/1927