NetBank on your mobile phone
- What is NetBank via mobile?
- Do I need to register for mobile access to NetBank?
- Does it cost anything to access NetBank via mobile?
- How do I access NetBank on my mobile?
- What NetBank features are available on my mobile?
- Can I make transfers?
- Can I pay a bill on my mobile?
- Can I add a new biller or change a biller code?
- Can I change my BPAY Customer Reference Number (CRN)?
- Can I reschedule my future transactions or bills?
- How can I view my applications which are outside the 3 month time period?
- Is mobile phone access to NetBank just as secure as regular NetBank?
- What if I lose my phone or it’s stolen?
- Can I logon to NetBank via my computer and mobile at the same time?
- Why do I receive a security message saying “Data you are sending will be redirected to another server. Continue?”
- Can I access NetBank from my mobile when I’m overseas?
- Why does it take a long time to logon sometimes?
- I have internet access on my mobile but my web browser will not load the NetBank mobile site. What’s wrong?
- What happens if I buy a new phone?
Using internet access on your mobile phone, you can visit our specially designed NetBank mobile web site to access your account details, make transfers, use BPAY, view account balances, see scheduled future transactions, view current applications with the Bank and find a Commonwealth Bank ATM or branch.
There are two versions available - one for iPhones and one for standard phones. Note: our web site automatically detects what type of phone you have.
- NetBank mobile access is available on any mobile phone that can access the internet, uses 128 bit SSL encryption technology and has ‘cookies’ enabled. Please contact your mobile phone service provider to find out whether your phone/contract has internet access enabled.
- NetBank mobile has been designed exclusively for use on the move. It offers the most popular functions of NetBank.
- NetBank mobile has been specially designed to display on smaller mobile phone screens, provide high speed access and to deliver low telco usage costs.
For more information, please visit: www.commbank.com.au/mobile.
If you have registered for NetCode SMS or NetCode Token security, then you can access the service immediately.
If you are not registered for NetCode SMS or NetCode Token security, then click here to find out more.
To register online for NetCode SMS:
- Login to regular NetBank on a computer and go to the ‘Security’ tab and select the ‘Netcode security’ page.
- Confirm your mobile number is correct, or update it by clicking ‘my details’.
- Once complete, click ‘register’.
- You’ll then see a confirmation page stating registration is complete.
- If you have any questions, please call the NetBank Help Desk on 13 2221 option 4, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Bank does not charge you a service fee to access NetBank from your mobile phone. However, normal mobile phone provider data access charges and standard charges for calling a ‘13’ number will apply. Please contact your mobile phone network provider for details.
Please note that standard account transaction fees may apply to transfers and bill payments.
Find out more about NetBank charges.
If you do not have a smartphone, you can access NetBank on your mobile by following these steps:
- Open your mobile phone web browser and type www.netbank.com.au/mobile in your address bar
- Enter your NetBank client number and password
- Select Log on
Note: You must have NetCode SMS or token security before you can use NetBank mobile. You can register for your free NetCode SMS security upgrade from within NetBank via the More tab, by selecting NetCode security under Security.
You can carry out the following functions:
- View account balances
- View recent transaction history
- View account information
New Features include:
- Make transfers between linked CBA accounts
- Pay 3rd party accounts that already exist in your address book
- Pay bills using BPAY to billers that already exist in your biller address book
- View Future transactions
- View Applications lodged with the Bank in the last 3 months
- Locate your nearest Commonwealth Bank ATM or branch through a manual search or GPS (iPhone only).
If you notice a function is missing from NetBank on your mobile, then please logon to regular NetBank using your computer at www.netbank.com.au
Yes. If you want to transfer money to a CBA linked account or a 3rd party account in your address book, simply select the ‘Transfers’ button/link on the main menu.
- Note: Not all the features of NetBank transfers are currently available via your mobile. If you want to schedule a future transfer, make an IMT etc., please logon to regular NetBank using your computer at www.netbank.com.au
For more information regarding transfers on NetBank, please go to /content/commbank-neo/help/faq/netbank/transfers.html
Yes. You can now pay bills via BPAY on your mobile phone.
- Note: Not all the features of NetBank BPAY are currently available via your mobile. If you want to schedule a future bill payment, add a biller etc., please logon to regular NetBank using your computer at www.netbank.com.au
For more information regarding BPAY, please visit /content/commbank-neo/help/faq/netbank/bills.html
You cannot add a new biller or change a biller code using your mobile phone. To add a new biller or change a biller code, please logon to regular NetBank at www.netbank.com.au
You cannot change your BPAY CRN using your mobile phone. To change your BPAY CRN, please logon to regular NetBank at www.netbank.com.au.
You cannot reschedule future transactions or bill payments using your mobile. Simply logon to regular NetBank using your computer at: www.netbank.com.au
Click here for more information.
For all applications outside this time period, please logon to regular NetBank, click the ‘Offers & apply” tab followed by the ‘My applications’ tab.
- Note: Some branch initiated applications will not appear in NetBank.
Mobile access to NetBank provides all of the security that computer access to NetBank offers. The safety of your money is 100% guaranteed as long as you observe our NetBank terms and conditions.
As an additional security measure, after a period of inactivity customers will be automatically logged out of NetBank to reduce the risk of anyone else viewing account information if their phone is left unattended or lost.
You do not need to contact the Bank, as your NetBank details and account information are not stored on your phone. This is the same as if your computer was stolen. Please contact your mobile phone service provider immediately to notify them of the loss.
No. To ensure security we have restricted the number of users who can access NetBank to only one at a time.
Why do I receive a security message saying “Data you are sending will be redirected to another server. Continue?”
Please disregard this message and click OK to continue. This is a general known issue with Nokia mobile phones and your security will not be compromised in any way.
Yes, provided your mobile phone is set up for overseas use ie. global roaming is activated.
Note: mobile phone provider data access charges are usually higher for overseas data access. Please contact your mobile phone service provider to activate global roaming or to find out about their overseas use charges.
The best way to maximise the speed of browsing the internet on your mobile phone and logging into NetBank is by using a Next G or 3G handset on a Next G or 3G network. Mobile network response times will still vary depending on the number of customers accessing the network at any given time.
The Bank has successfully tested this application on many different mobile phones and under different circumstances. Performance depends upon a number of factors outside of the Bank’s control, including the customer’s:
- Type of handset used ie. Next G, 3G, 2G (GPRS)
- Type of network it is running on eg. Next G, 3G, 2G (GPRS)
- Mobile network that is being used ie. Telstra, Optus, Vodafone or “3” Hutchison
- The mobile network capacity at peak customer usage times
- Type of handset operating system and internet browser used
If you are concerned about the performance response times of your service, please check with your mobile phone service provider for more options to improve internet access speed.
I have internet access on my mobile but my web browser will not load the NetBank mobile site. What’s wrong?
Please check if you can access any other web pages on your mobile eg. www.google.com . If you are unable to load web pages then contact your mobile phone service provider.
If you can access other internet sites but not our site, then this is likely an issue with the type of internet browser used by your phone. You can download an alternative third party mobile phone browser to avoid this problem, such as Opera Mini - visit their web site for more information www.operamini.com or enter operamini.com into your existing mobile phone's web browser and follow the simple on-screen instructions. (Note: telco data access charges will apply to perform the one-time application download.)
Simply click on your mobile phone web browser and go to address www.netbank.com.au/mobile and re-bookmark it. Then logon as per normal.
Contact your network mobile phone provider if you have a:
- problem with your mobile internet connection
- technical query about your handset
- question about your data costs or your mobile phone bill
Call us on 13 2221, option 4, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you have:
- questions about your accounts
- a question about NetBank