Use NetBank to make tax time simpler
As the end of financial year approaches, you’re probably thinking about tax time and preparing your documents. What you may not know is that NetBank can help you streamline the process, with a wealth of information about your accounts and transactions, plus functions that can save you time and money.
Using NetBank you can:
- View a summary of interest earned and paid on your NetBank listed accounts for the last financial year. Just click on the View Accounts tab, then select Account information and select the account you wish to view.
- Use our powerful new Transaction History search by clicking View Accounts > Transactions and selecting the account from the list. You can enter your required search criteria and then specify a data range, or choose to view by financial year.
- Export your NetBank transactions to other programs, such as Microsoft Money, Quicken (US and Australian versions) and MYOB by clicking the Export button at the bottom of the Transactions page.
- NetBank provides access to 7 years’ worth of statements online. Simply click on the View Accounts tab and select Online Statements and select the account for the statement you wish to view. You can view past statements for closed accounts by clicking the Closed Accounts link. By choosing to receive your statements online, you can reduce clutter too.
- When using the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) eTax software to complete your tax return, your bank interest details can be pre-filled automatically. Visit the ATO eTax website to find out more.
Make more of your money
- Make your tax refund money work harder for you by taking advantage of our online term deposit. You can open a term deposit online in less than 5 minutes and view your new account through NetBank. Just click on the Offers & Apply tab, then select Term Deposit and choose your preferred option.
As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. General Information and Terms and Conditions issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 for Term Deposits are available from commbank.com.au or from any branch of the Commonwealth Bank.