What you will need to apply for a GoalSaver account
What you’ll need to apply
- Your personal contact details
- Your Tax File Number (TFN) or TFN Exemption. It’s not an offence to withhold your TFN for the deposit account. However, if you don’t quote it, the Bank is required by law to deduct tax from any interest earned on the deposit account, above a certain threshold.
You may also need
Who can apply?
You can open a GoalSaver account if you (and any joint applicant):
- Are 18 years old or over.
- Are opening the account in personal names (maximum of two applicants for joint accounts) and the account is to be used for personal use.
- Have, and will maintain, an Australian residential address.
- Do not already have a GoalSaver account.
In most cases, the easiest way of applying is to apply online. However, applications for accounts where funds are held in trust cannot be accepted online. If you wish to open a trust account, please apply at any branch of the Bank
Other ways to apply:
- By phone
Please call 13 2221 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to apply or ask us any questions.
- In person
You can also apply in any Commonwealth Bank branch. Find your nearest branch here.