Four things you need to know about your credit card
You must tell us as soon as you become aware that your card is lost or stolen. You can do this in a number of ways.
You can call us on 13 2221 or you can report the missing card at any branch during business hours.
If you suspect that your PIN or password has become known to someone else, please notify us by calling 13 2221, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Otherwise you may be liable for all charges on the card until you have reported it lost, stolen or compromised.
Note down the lost or stolen overseas assistance phone numbers before you go.
If you’ve just mislaid your card, you can place a temporary lock^ on it – so if you find it again you won’t need to apply for a replacement.
- Avoid fees and charges - including interest and late-payment fees - by paying on time and in paying the amount due on your statement in full.
- Understand how the 55 day interest-free period works to take full advantage of it.
- CommBank’s complimentary SMS and email reminder service can be set up to alert you five days before your payment is due, so you’ll never forget to pay or set up automatic payments (Autopay) to help avoid late fees.
- Avoid overlimit fees by opting out of being able to spend more than your limit.
- A cash advance is a loan of cash using your credit card and this incurs a fee.
- Fees are charged on ATM and in-branch cash withdrawals, American Express Traveller’s Cheques, gambling tokens and online lottery tickets.
- If you never withdraw cash from your credit card, you can block ATM cash advances through the CommBank app instantly. You can also do this by visiting card settings in NetBank. If you ever need some extra cash, simply unblock it again*.
- Avoid loading up your credit card with money when travelling overseas – withdrawing as cash will still incur a fee.
- Instead, use a Travel Money card when travelling overseas – it holds up to 6 currencies and won’t incur cash advance fees.
- Credit card insurance can protect you against unforeseen circumstances such as losing your job or being in an accident.
- Insurance covers a minimum of 7% of your outstanding balance every month up to a maximum payout covering your total balance. So it’s one less thing to worry about.
- No medical questions or examinations are required.
Learn more about how to manage your credit card.
Stay in control of your finances with our Low Rate Gold credit card, featuring handy extras like international travel insurance included with your credit card.
Enjoy a low annual fee and up to 55 days interest free on purchases with our Low Fee credit card.
Need help deciding? Use our credit card comparison table to find a card that suits your lifestyle.
*Excludes transactions flagged as recurring (e.g. direct debits) and transactions not sent to us for authorisation. Other Terms & Conditions apply.
^ When a temporary lock has been applied, all new transactions on the credit card will be declined except for: - transactions flagged as 'recurring', such as direct debits; - transactions not sent to us for authorisation; - assisted cash withdrawals via our branches; and - transfers or bill payments on your card via CommBank branches and phone, online and mobile banking.