To help you get the most out of your credit card, here are some tips from other CommBank credit card customers.
Customer tips for managing your credit card
- Log on to NetBank daily to keep track of the latest activity on your card.
- Check the types of credit cards available from your bank. If your financial situation changes, there may be another card more suitable to your needs.
- Set up automatic payment from your Smart Access to credit card.
- Always pay the full amount back every month, so as not to pay interest on the account.
- Set up free text reminders so you always know when a payment is due.
- Treat your credit card like a debit card and only spend the money you have.
- Consolidate your credit cards to reduce the risk of accumulated debt. CommBank can help you with this.
- Avoid late fees by transferring money into your CommBank credit card a few days before the due payment date.
- Set up an online auto transfer to pay off an amount each week from your salary.
- Earn more reward points by using your American Express rewards card when an American Express surcharge isn’t applied to your purchases.
- Use your credit card rewards point for special occasions like weekends away or Christmas dinner.
- Understand how your interest free period works, and then time your purchases accordingly.
- Checking your statement when it arrives means you can track spending and identify any incorrect charges.
- Check NetBank real time* (the best part of CommBank credit card features) activity at least once every few days and report any transaction you believe is not authorised by you.
* Excludes manual transactions and some contactless payments.