Pay off your purchases over time more easily with our lowest purchase rate.
CREDIT CARD SELECTOR
Three simple questions to help you find the right credit card.
Low Rate Gold Credit Card
Stay in control of your finances with our lowest purchase rate and enjoy complimentary travel insurance^^.
Low Fee Credit Card
A flexible and convenient card with our lowest annual fee.
Low Fee Gold Credit Card
Enjoy no annual fee for the first year* plus international travel insurance^^.
Awards Credit Card
Redeem your points with Australia's largest credit card rewards program+.
- $59 annual fee
- 20.24% p.a. purchase interest rate
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
- Earn up to 1.5 Awards points for every dollar you spend on your American Express® card overseas and at supermarket, department stores and petrol stations in Australia^
- Earn 0.5 points per dollar spent using your American Express card everywhere else^
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent using your Mastercard^
- CommBank Awards - Australia's largest credit card rewards program+
- Lock, Block, Limit® your credit card
Student Credit Card
Students can enjoy no annual fee* in the first year with a card that’s accepted at more than 43 million locations worldwide#.
Things you should know
The outcome of the Credit Card Selector Tool is intended as a guide only. The products suggested for your consideration do not take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. You should consider the information provided about each card type to determine if it meets your needs before you apply. The display of products outside of the ‘Suggested’ and ‘Also consider’ options is not an indication of product ranking or suitability based on your responses.
* For Low Fee, Low Fee Gold and Student credit cards, the annual fee is waived in the first year. The annual fee will be waived in each subsequent year as long as you spend $1,000 in the previous year on your Low Fee or Student card, or at least $10,000 in the previous year on your Low Fee Gold card (on purchases and cash advances only). For Student credit cards, if you spend less than $1,000 in the previous year simply present your Student identification in branch following charging of the annual fee to request a refund.
+ Source: Roy Morgan Research, customers 18+ with a rewards/loyalty card in the 12 months to February 2017.
^ Points are earned on eligible transactions and are subject to points capping. You'll earn maximum points per $1 spent when you use your American Express card for eligible transactions overseas and at a Higher Points Merchant, which means a business or organisation in Australia classified as a ‘supermarket’, ‘department store’ or ‘service (petrol) station’ for the purposes of American Express transactions, excluding any business or organisation paid using intermediary payment platform, for example, PayPal; and 0.5 points per $1 spent using your American Express card everywhere else. Refer to the CommBank Awards Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
^^ Please refer to our Credit Card Insurances Product Disclosure Statement and Information Booklet available from here or any branch for full details. Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Limited (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 on behalf of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 for Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Cover is available for you, your spouse and your dependent children for return trips from Australia, up to a set period. You need to activate your travel insurance before each each trip to have comprehensive level of cover. To activate, register on NetBank, the CommBank app or call Allianz Global Assistance on 1800 837 177 before you travel. If you don’t activate you’ll receive Base cover which includes personal liability cover and overseas emergency medical assistance and hospital expenses only. Restrictions, exclusions (including for pre-existing medical conditions and persons aged 80 years or over), limits and excesses apply.
^^^ Diamond Award credit card holders are entitled to two entries into The American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport per calendar year (1 January to 31 December) for each American Express Card account. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card. Access is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17.
Applications are subject to credit approval. Full terms and conditions are in our Letter of Offer. Fees and charges apply. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 Australian credit licence 234945.