Help us improve our website by completing a quick survey. Start survey now

You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


What you'll need

To make your application process quick and easy we’ll need to see proof of:

  1. Your identity
  2. Your income
  3. Loans and savings not with the Commonwealth Bank
  4. Other relevant information.

You can use our handy checklist to help you. All documents can be copies, unless stated otherwise.



If you’re an existing customer, we’ll need one of the following

  • Commonwealth Bank debit card/credit card/passbook
  • Photo identification e.g. driver's licence or passport
  • Your telephone banking password.

If you’re a new customer, we’ll need original or certified identification documents, which can be any one of the following;

  • Passport
  • Australian driver’s licence
  • Australian proof of age card

Or any two of the following:

  • Birth certificate
  • Citizenship certificate
  • Pension card issued by Centrelink
  • Overseas driver’s licence
  • Household bill e.g. rates, phone or electricity bill.

(Top of page)



If you earn a salary, wage or PAYG contract income which is not paid into your CBA account we’ll need any one of the following:

  • Account statements showing 3 months of salary credits
  • One payslip
  • Employment contract or letter from employer detailing current base wage and PAYG payment summary or tax return. 

If you’re self-employed, we’ll need:

  • Most recent year's personal and business tax returns including financial statements
  • Most recent ATO Notice of Assessment.

If you earn rental income, we’ll need one of the following:

  • Statement or letter from the managing/real estate agent
  • Current lease agreement
  • Most recent tax returns showing your ownership of the rental property
  • Account statements showing three months of rental credits.

If you receive Government Income, we’ll need one of the following:

  • Account statements showing three months of payment credits
  • A letter from Centrelink confirming your benefits amount.

(Top of page)


Loans and savings not with the Commonwealth Bank

If your savings or investments are being used for the purchase, we’ll need:

  • Three months of statements and/or your passbook.

 If you are refinancing your loans, we’ll need:

  • Six months of statements for your home/investment loan or line of credit
  • Three months of statements for your personal loan, credit cards or other fixed repayment loans.

(Top of page)


Other relevant information

Monthly living expenses
You’ll need to tell us how much you need to maintain a reasonable standard of living, including expenses such as food, transport, clothing, utilities, education and health care.

 If you have found a property, we’ll need:

  • A Contract of Sale (Offer of Acceptance in WA)
  • Your solicitor or conveyancer’s name, address and contact details.

If you have an existing property for security, we’ll need one of the following:

  • Rates notice that shows the street address and title reference
  • Valuer General – Notice of Valuation.

If you have existing insurance on the property, we’ll need:

  • Any insurance documents (e.g. policy schedules) that are not held with CommInsure.

(Top of page)