Get up to $400 cashback if you protect your property
- Pay a minimum of 2 months premium on your eligible Home Insurance policy or Home Loan Protection policy.
- Fund your new CommBank Home Loan by 30 June 2017.
- Receive $200 cashback with a CommInsure Building and Contents policy.
- Receive $100 cashback with CommInsure Buildings Only or Contents Only policies.
- Receive $200 cashback with a CommInsure Home Loans Protection policy.
Which Insurance option is right for me?
- Home buyers of non-strata title properties can cover their building and contents from fire, flood, theft and more.
- Home buyers of strata title properties such as apartments, can cover their contents plus additional fixtures & fittings not covered by strata insurance. Check your strata Insurance to find out what’s covered.
- Investors can protect their building and contents such as furniture, carpet, dishwashers, etc that they lease out to tenants from fire, flood, theft and more.
- Additional cover options can protect investors from loss of rent, malicious damage or theft by tenants resulting in work and repairs.
CommBank Home Loan customers can choose from:
- Loan Repayment Cover which could pay their loan repayments if they’re unable to work due to injury, illness or if they lose their job.
- Loan Cover which could pay off their home loan up to $750,000 if they pass away.
Speak to your Home Lending Specialist
Why choose CommInsure?
- In addition to getting a cashback, you can save up to 15% off your premium when you combine your building and contents cover and apply online.
- You could save even more if you are an existing CommBank customer and apply in NetBank or via the CommBank app.
- Protect your home or investment property with award winning home insurance.
- Insurer of the Year 2016 with Money magazine and CANSTAR winner of 3 national awards and 14 regional awards for outstanding value for home and contents insurance.
- Get up to 25% extra on your sum insured to help with rebuild, replace or repair if your amount insured isn’t enough.
- Cover up to $20 million for damages and legal fees if you’re legally liable for an incident.
- New for old replacement of contents and belongings.
- Flood cover as a standard
Things you should know:
1. The Offerors are Commonwealth Insurance Limited (CIL) ABN 96 067 524 216, AFSL 235030 and The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited ABN 12 004 021 809 AFSL 235035 (CMLA) of 11 Harbour Street Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 13 22 21 (the “Offerors”).
2. CIL is the issuer of CommInsure Home Insurance and CMLA is the issuer of CommInsure Loan Protection for Home Loans. CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL and CMLA. The Offerors are wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiaries of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. A Product Disclosure Statement for CommInsure Home Insurance (which includes Building and/or Contents cover) and Loan Protection for Home Loans is available at all Commonwealth Bank branches or at commbank.com.au and should be considered before making a decision about these products. Applications for Commonwealth Bank Home Loans are subject to credit approval. Full terms and conditions will be included in the Bank’s loan offer. Fees and charges may be payable. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124, Australian Credit Licence 234945 of 11 Harbour Street Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 13 22 21.
3. The Offer commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 6 March 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 30 April 2017 (“Offer Period”).
4. The Offer is open to individuals (“Customer”) who satisfy the eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
The Customer must meet the eligibility requirements of purchasing:
- a Commonwealth Bank Home Loan product; and
- a CommInsure Home Insurance product; and/or
- Loan Protection for Home Loans product
Customers must also meet the following requirements:
a) The Customer must have:
I. Applied for a new Commonwealth Bank Home Loan during the Offer Period through a Commonwealth Bank channel, excluding Third Party Broker, and have funded that Home Loan by 30 June 2017; or
II. Been conditionally pre-approved for a new Commonwealth Bank Home Seeker Loan, have proceeded to a full application during the Offer Period through a Commonwealth Bank channel, excluding Third Party Broker, and have funded that Home Loan by 30 June 2017;
and the Home Loan must be in respect of a property located within Australia (“Relevant Property”).
b) The Customer must purchase a new CommInsure Home Insurance (Building and Contents cover, or Building Only cover, or Contents Only cover) policy and/or Loan Protection for Home Loans policy in respect of the Relevant Property during the Offer Period. The commencement date of the new CommInsure Home Insurance policy must be within 60 days of the policy’s purchase.
c) The Customer must have either paid in full or at least two (2) months’ premium for the eligible CommInsure Home Insurance policy and/or Loan Protection for Home Loans policy. The policy must remain current during that time.
5. Provided that they meet the Eligibility Requirements, Eligible Customers will receive the following cashback:
a) Building and Contents Cover - $200 (AUD)
b) Contents Cover only - $100 (AUD)
c) Building Cover only - $100 (AUD)
d) Loan Protection for Home Loans - $200 (AUD).
6. The Protection Cashback will be transferred electronically by the Offerors into the transaction account or credit card that the CommInsure Home Insurance premium and/or Loan Protection for Home Loans premium is debited from. If the deposit attempt is unsuccessful, CommInsure may source an alternative account of any policyholder or provide the cashback in cheque form. The Eligible Customer will receive the cashback within 120 days from the policy effective date of the CommInsure Home Insurance policy and/or Loan Protection for Home Loans policy. This will take the form of separate payments if both a CommInsure Home Insurance policy and Loan Protection for Home Loans policy are purchased.
7. A limit of one (1) cashback is available per:
a) Home Insurance policy per insured address, including policies in a joint name
b) Loan Protection for Home Loans policy, per home loan, including policies in a joint name.
8. Existing and renewing Home Insurance (Building and Contents, Building Only or Contents only) policies, Loan Protection for Home Loan policies and standalone Portable Contents Cover, are not eligible for this offer. Refinancing existing Commonwealth Bank Home Loans and Home Loan Top-Ups are also not eligible for this Offer. Viridian Line of Credit, Margin Loans and Business Loans are not eligible for the Loan Protection for Home Loan cashback.
9. Eligible customers accept the cashback ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Offerors accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the cashback. Eligible customers may need to seek advice from their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.