Regardless of the device you’re using – mobile, wearable, tablet, laptop, desktop – you’ll need to keep these up-to-date:
Operating system (OS) - it manages your device’s memory, processes, software and hardware.
- Windows: Start > search Windows update > Check for updates > Install updates
- Mac desktop and laptop: Go to Menu > Software Update
- Apple iPhone and iPad: Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Apple Watch: Go to My Watch > General > Software Update
- Android: Settings/About Phone > System Update
Browser - a program that gives you access to websites
- Chrome: Customise and Control Google button > Help > About Chrome > Install update
- Safari: App Store > Updates > Safari > Update
- Firefox: Menu > Open Help Menu > About FireFox > Install update
- Internet Explorer: Control Panel > Windows Update > Check for updates > Install update
- Opera: Opera icon > About Opera > Install update
- Edge: Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Install now
Browser extensions or plug-ins are add-ons to your chosen browser e.g. Adobe Flash Player, QuickTime and Java. These are usually updated when you update your browser.
Apps – we regularly release new versions of the CommBank app, CommBank app for tablet and CommBank Property app. Make sure you’re benefitting from the innovative features we release.
- Apple: Open App Store > Updates > Update/ Update All
- Android: Open Play Store app > My apps > Update/ Update All
If you’re finding prompts from your device too intrusive, turn on automatic updates which do the hard work for you, silently in the background.
One quick tip… back-up your data, photos and apps before you update your device.