You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


Will my child’s life insurance continue after they turn 18?

See all Life insurance FAQs

Last updated 04 April 2017

Your child can choose to continue their cover in their own name using the in-built Child Cover Continuation option with no health evidence required. We’ll automatically write to you before their 18th birthday telling you how the cover can be continued. You’ll need to:

  • Call your financial adviser and ask for the Comminsure Protection Combined Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy and a quote. If you don’t have a financial adviser, a Commonwealth Financial Planner may be able to help you. To arrange a no-obligation consultation, simply call 1800 241 996.
  • Have your child complete the following sections in the Application form which is provided with the PDS:

o    Application - there’s no need to complete the Personal Statement           

o    Smoking question located under the Habits section of the Personal Statement

o    General Declaration.

  • Send the quote you’ve received from your adviser and the signed application to us within 30 calendar days before the child cover ceases. We’ll then issue a new policy in their name which provides them with death and trauma cover for the same sum insured that they were covered for under your policy.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics