You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


Can I open a term deposit if I currently live overseas but plan to move to Australia?

See all Moving to Australia FAQs

Last updated 18 April 2017

Yes you can. You need to:

1.     Open a Smart Access account first

2.     Transfer money into your new Smart Access account

3.     Get in touch with our International Premier and Retail Banking team. They will open a term deposit account for you and transfer money into it from your Smart Access account.

Take a look at our Moving to Australia hub. It’s full of useful information to help you before you move and when you’re here. You'll need to be identified before you can withdraw from your Smart Access account or term deposit.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics