How can I save money on my home loan?
Last updated 04 February 2014
Hints and tips to consider:
- Make fortnightly or weekly repayments instead of monthly
- Make larger or lump sum repayments (check the terms and conditions of your loan regarding early repayment or lump sum payments)
- Consider splitting your home loan (part fixed, part variable) if you are concerned about possible interest rate rises
- Use an offset account
- Pay your salary or other income directly into your loan account
- Align your loan repayments with when you are paid
- Manage your home loan online via NetBank
Note: Not all saving tips are available on all home loan types. If you want to learn more about optimising your home loan, visit your nearest branch or talk to your broker, to arrange a free Home Loan Health Check. Click here for further information.