Does my car insurance cover bush fire?

See all Car insurance FAQs

Last updated 13 January 2016

Fire and bushfire damage is covered by Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage, Fire and Theft cover.

You won’t be covered for loss or damage caused by fire within the first 24 hours of your policy commencing, unless:

  • You’re renewing or replacing an existing policy and there’s no break in cover
  • You’ve owned your vehicle for fewer than 24 hours before the policy commencing

Important information: Car Insurance is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CommInsure is a registered business name of CIL. CIL is a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’, 'us' and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) by clicking on the links, or by calling us on 13 2423 for a paper copy.

Unable to find what you're looking for?

Search for more popular topics