What do I need to apply for a Student credit card?
Last updated 10 January 2017
Our Student card is tailored for full time tertiary students.
To apply for a Student credit card you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be a full-time tertiary student at uni or TAFE
- Have an Everyday account with Student Options, or go to a branch and take out an Everyday account with Student Options
- Meet our credit rating requirements
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a current Australian visitor's visa.
The card features:
- $0 annual fee in the first year on a Student credit card*
- Interest-free period up to 55 days on purchases
- A credit approval process specifically for tertiary students
- Enhanced chip protection
- PayPass technology (MasterCard only)
- Secure Internet Shopping, which protects you against online card fraud, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*We'll waive your annual fee for the first year. You’ll continue to pay no annual fee in subsequent years as long as you spend at least $1,000 using your Student Card in the previous year (on purchases and cash advances only). If you spend less than $1,000 in the previous year and you are a Student, simply present your Student identification in branch following charging of the annual fee to request a refund.