What should I do if the wrong information was provided in a transfer or BPAY?
Last updated 20 March 2015
- Contact the recipient to transfer the funds back to you
- If the account details you provided are invalid, the funds may be returned to your account automatically by the other bank in 2-3 working days. Please note, some financial institutions have unique account numbers and do not check BSB/account number combinations
- Call us on 13 2221 on option 4 and we can attempt a recovery of the funds. This process can take several weeks as we need to wait on a response from the other financial institution. We will send you a letter providing details of the outcome once the recovery process has been completed.
- You should contact the biller direct to discuss the best course of action
- If you provided an incorrect Customer Reference Number, call us on 13 2221 on option 4. We will attempt to recover your BPAY from the biller. This process can take up to 14 working days, as we will need to contact the biller. We will send you a letter providing details of the outcome once the recovery process has been completed. The recovery for BPay and transfers will be performed on a best endeavours basis, meaning it is not always guaranteed that the funds can be recovered from our end.