How do I transfer money or pay a bill (using BPAY)?
Last updated 15 June 2017
You can transfer money or pay a bill online through NetBank, over the phone by calling 13 2221 or in any CommBank branch.
To transfer money or pay a bill online through NetBank:
1. Log on to NetBank
2. Click on the Transfers & BPAY tab (or Multiple transfers & BPAY if you wish to make payments to more than one account or biller)
3. Select an account to transfer From
4. Select an existing Account or Biller in the To drop-down field or select New payee
a. To transfer to an account or biller already in your address book (one that you may have paid previously):
i. Select the account or biller from the To drop-down list. You can start typing directly into the field to find what you’re looking for.
ii. Enter an amount
iii. Type a description to appear on your statement (optional)
iv. Use the same description for the recipient or enter a different one (not available for BPAY)
b. To transfer to a new account or pay a new biller:
i. Select the New payee button from the right side of the To drop-down field
ii. Choose Add new or Add to existing (e.g. adding a second account that a friend owns)
iii. Enter a Name for new payees or find an existing one if choosing Add to existing from the previous step
iv. Select a payment method:
* Transfer – you’ll need the BSB and Account number
* BPAY – Biller code and Ref is required
* Mobile – enter the mobile number
* Email – enter the email address
v. You can choose whether to Save to address book or not (select or de-select the tick box)
vi. Enter an amount
vii.Type a description to appear on your statement (optional)
viii. Use the same description for the recipient or enter a different one (not available for BPAY)
5. Choose when you want the payment to be made (Transfers and BPAY only. Mobile and email payments will be processed straight away)
a. Now – The transfer or payment will be processed straight away
b. Later – Select a date you’d like the transfer to be taken out on
c. Set up regular payments – Choose the frequency, Start date and when you’d like the payments to stop. You can choose the payments to never stop, end after a certain number of payments or end on a certain date.
6. Check the tick box if you’d like to Save this payment to favourites
7. Click Next
8. A Confirm payment box will appear. Check the details and select Pay if ok or Cancel if you’d like to change anything
9. After selecting Pay, you’ll receive a receipt with all the details
10. The receipt can be emailed to anyone or printed out.