What details do I need to provide if someone is transferring money to me from overseas?
Last updated 22 September 2016
To ensure overseas payments are made to you swiftly and without any difficulties, you need to provide the following information:
- Bank name: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- BIC/SWIFT Code: CTBAAU2S
- BSB number (log on to NetBank to view it, or call 13 2221 at any time or visit any branch)
- Account number (log on to NetBank to view it, or call 13 2221 at any time or visit any branch)
- IBANs are not used in Australia. However, payers in certain countries may require you to provide one. In that case, your BSB and account number should be combined. Do not include any spaces or hyphens. For example:
- (BSB)(Account no.)
When receiving money from someone in the UK who is using the Pingit1 app
If you are receiving a payment from someone in the UK who is using the Pingit1 app, you will need to provide them with your Australian mobile phone number. Note: in order to receive the payment you will need to:
- be opted-in to ‘accept overseas mobile payments’ in the CommBank app,
- have an Australian mobile number,
- not have a joint or business account, and
- not have a stop/hold on the receiving account.
1Pingit is Powered by Barclays