What if I forget my NetBank client number?
Last updated 27 April 2016
If you forget your NetBank client number you can retrieve it online providing:
- You have a Commonwealth Bank Debit MasterCard, credit card or keycard and you know your card number and PIN
- You are registered for NetCode SMS or Token OR you know the answers to your security questions
- Go to the NetBank log on page.
- Select I’ve forgotten my log on details.
- You'll be prompted to enter your card number and PIN. Check the 'I need to reset my NetBank password' box if you've also forgotten your password.
- You'll be prompted to enter a NetCode (either from a NetCode SMS, CommBank app NetCode Notification or from your token) OR to answer two of your security questions.
- Your client number will be displayed and you'll be able to log on to NetBank using your current password. If you checked the 'I need to reset my NetBank password' box in Step 3, you'll be able to create a new password before continuing to NetBank.
Keep your client number in a safe place, away from your NetBank password.
If you are experiencing any issues when you are retrieving your client number online, please call our NetBank Help Desk on +61 13 2221 (option 4) at any time for further assistance with retrieving your client number.
Alternatively you can visit your nearest Commonwealth Bank branch with some identification for assistance with retrieving your client number.
For more information on how you can stay safe online visit our Security Centre.