Do I need to be employed to be eligible for Bill Protection benefits?
Last updated 18 August 2015
Yes, you must be employed to be eligible for Bill Protection benefits.
Employed means you are:
- Permanently employed. This means you've been working for at least 20 hours per week in continuous, permanent and regular employment for at least 180 consecutive days. Working under a fixed term contract: This means you've been working under one or more contracts that provide at least 20 hours per week of continual and regular employment, where the contract/contracts are:
- For salary or wages
- For a specified period
- With the same employer, and
- For a combined period of at least 180 consecutive days.
Employed also means:
- You carry out identifiable duties in relation to the types of employment listed above
- You're actually performing or capable of performing those duties, and
- Illness or injury doesn't restrict you from performing those duties on a full-time basis, or for at least 20 hours per week.
The following employment types aren't covered by Simple Life:
- Casual employment