- Be yourself: Assessment centres give you lots of opportunity to demonstrate who you are, much more so than an interview.
- Embrace it: This could be the final step towards securing the role. Everybody is in the same boat and those who can relax and enjoy the occasion tend to demonstrate the traits that got them there in the first place.
- Be a team player: Work with your fellow interviewees; they are not your competitors, they are your colleagues.
- Listen: To all members of the group and show your respect for their opinions. Avoid side conversations which could be interpreted as ignorance and rudeness.
- Nobody is perfect: Show reasoning behind your good ideas but be willing to listen to others’ opinions. There is nothing wrong with admitting a colleague’s idea is more appropriate and then supporting that idea.
- Show leadership: Guide your team members as necessary whilst listening to their points of view and encouraging them to contribute to the activity.
- Speak clearly: So our assessors can hear what you have to say.
- Ask questions: Ask as many relevant questions as you need to in order to accept a potential offer. Ensure that you can leave with the knowledge that it is the right role for you.
Discover your next role at CommBank.
Visit commbank.com.au/careers and apply online today.