Commonwealth Bank looks for ways to make a positive contribution to our economy and to the communities in which we live and work. We provide safe, secure and competitive banking and financial options to our 16.3 million customers.
In the last six months we supported:
- $109 billion in new lending to personal and business customers.
- 140,000 new home loans, including 15,000 first home buyers.
- $3.5 billion new loans to 12,700 small businesses.
- $1.2 billion new lending to farmers and other rural customers
- 1.5 million new deposit accounts.
These are just some of the ways we are helping people save, spend and invest.
Our economic contribution is significant and covers the billions spent in providing wages, taxes and dividends. We employ more than 50,000 people globally including 41,000 in Australia. We are also proud of our Opportunity Initiatives which are our plans to drive positive change through education, innovation and good business practice.
Click on this link to find out more about the ways we contribute. http://issue.by/cba/community/