Commonwealth Bank has activated its emergency assistance package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in New South Wales.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning 1300 653 012 or visiting their nearest Commonwealth Bank branch.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist them with any financial concerns or enquiries.
As part of our Emergency Assistance Package, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged.
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties due to the fires.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Merchants: Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as merchant fees until trading recommences.
- Cash Management: Allowing withdrawal of Cash Deposit Account Fixed Term Deposit funds before maturity without penalty.
- Asset Finance: Waiving the early termination amount for insurance payouts (applicable to Asset Finance only).
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.