The Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in Victoria.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank, Colonial First State and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to urgently assist them with their financial concerns and enquiries.
There are a number of options available as part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, not limited to:
- For CommInsure customers’ homes damaged by the fire emergency accommodation assistance is available and claims will be expedited for any customer seeking help through their home, contents or motor vehicle insurance;
- providing tailored solutions and assistance to Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the fires;
- loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans, without incurring the usual bank establishment fees;
- considering requests for additional loans (including emergency credit limit increases) where, based on our enquiries, the customer could meet the additional repayments without financial difficulty;
- waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date and;
- waiving branch service fees where the customer is looking to obtain a service from the Bank as a result of the disaster.
Our staff are available to discuss with customers their overall financial position, any change in repayment arrangements, or to consider options for additional loan funds. We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us either by phoning: 1300 720 814 or visiting their nearest branch.