Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in the Great Ocean Road area of Victoria.
"The devastation from the bushfires is heartbreaking and we would like to do what we can for our affected customers and their communities during this difficult time," Richard Porter, Victorian Regional General Manager.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our people are ready to assist them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
As part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, we can help discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged by the fire.
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the fires.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Merchants: Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as merchant fees until trading recommences.
- Cash Management: Allowing withdrawal of Cash Deposit Account Fixed Term Deposit funds before maturity without penalty.
- Asset Finance: Waiving the early termination amount for insurance payouts (applicable to Asset Finance only).
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances by contacting us.
- CommInsure 13 2423
- Special Assistance line 1300 720 814 (from Tuesday)
- or visiting their nearest open branch.