SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND TURNS PINK AS FANS #ZINCUP IN SUPPORT OF THE MCGRATH FOUNDATION
CommBank will donate $5 to the McGrath Foundation for every #ZincUp selfie posted during the Commonwealth Bank Pink Test Match
Taking a selfie at the cricket has never led to so much good, as CommBank calls on cricket fans across Australia to show their support for the McGrath Foundation by posting a ‘zinced up’ selfie on social media during the Commonwealth Bank Pink Test match.
For every ‘zinced up’ selfie posted on Twitter or Instagram during the Test, tagging @CommBank and with the hashtag #ZincUp, CommBank will donate $5 to the McGrath Foundation, up to a total of $50,000.
Brett Lee, former Australian Test cricketer and CommBank Ambassador, said: “The Pink Test is a great opportunity for fans across Australia to demonstrate how the power of teamwork can truly make a difference.
“Whether you’re watching the match from home or live at the SCG, I encourage everyone to get involved and #ZincUp for this week’s match. You can get creative and channel your inner Merv with a pink zinc moustache, or simply do a swipe of pink on each cheek like Ellyse Perry.
“Just make sure you use the hashtag #ZincUp and tag @CommBank in your picture, and you’ll be helping make a huge difference to those affected by breast cancer.”
Glenn McGrath, CommBank Ambassador and McGrath Foundation Co-Founder and President, said: “The McGrath Foundation relies on donations to fund McGrath Breast Care Nurses to make sure that everyone diagnosed with breast cancer has specialist support throughout their breast cancer experience.
“All funds raised through CommBank’s #ZincUp initiative, as well as donations made on the ground and online, will go towards helping the McGrath Foundation meet their Pink Test goal of $380,000 to fund one new McGrath Breast Care Nurse for three years.”
In addition to the donation made by CommBank, fans can also support the McGrath Foundation by donating at pinktest.com.au.
Notes to editors:
- CommBank is the longest standing partner of Cricket Australia, and has supported cricket for over 28 years.
- CommBank celebrates cricket at all levels and is committed to providing support and special experiences for the players, fans and local clubs who make the game great.
About the McGrath Foundation:
- Jane McGrath’s personal experience has seen a team of passionate and dedicated people come together and step up to the challenge of making life for families experiencing breast cancer just that little bit easier.
- The McGrath Foundation raises money to place McGrath Breast Care Nurses in communities right across Australia, no matter where they live or their financial situation. In addition, the McGrath Foundation is committed to increasing breast awareness in young Australian women.
- To find out more about the McGrath Foundation and how you can help make a difference, please visit the website www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au or follow on Facebook (mcgrathfoundation), Twitter (mcgrathfdn) or Instagram (mcgrathfoundation) and encourage your friends to do the same.