“Hopper makes travel planning and budgeting easier, and helps you to get the best value across flights, accommodation and rental cars,” said Mr Sullivan.
With over 100 million app downloads, Hopper is the #1 most downloaded travel app in North America. This new agreement will bring Hopper’s global travel expertise together with CommBank’s market-leading in-app experience to deliver significant benefits for CommBank customers.
The new travel experience in the CommBank app will integrate with Hopper via the company’s B2B initiative, Hopper Cloud, and offer customers the lowest price on 300 airlines, 2 million hotels and 100 rental car companies.
Hopper President and Co-Founder, Dakota Smith said: “CommBank is a leader in innovation and financial solutions in Australia, making them the ideal partner for Hopper Cloud. With this new exclusive arrangement, we’ll be able to create an end-to-end travel offering for their customers, complete with world-class flexibility and disruption products to improve the traveller experience.”
Key Hopper features include:
- Being backed by trillions of pricing points and Hopper’s proprietary machine learning algorithms, offering best-in-class price prediction and alert technology and data-driven recommendations to ensure customers access great value when booking flights, hotels, and rental cars
- Integration into the CommBank Awards ecosystem allowing customers to earn and redeem rewards through this Hopper-powered platform
- Meeting the demands of modern travellers and offering unique fintech products and servicing capabilities – including self-serve options and concierge service – to enhance flexibility while travelling
Hopper’s integration into the CommBank App will complement the bank’s current range of travel features including:
- Complimentary travel insurance offered through some CBA credit cards
- The ability to redeem points on CommBank Awards credit cards
- No international transaction fees on some of our credit cards
- International travel products including Travel Money Card and foreign cash
Hopper is the world's fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace, focused on helping customers save money and travel better. The Hopper app has nearly 100 million downloads and continues to capture market share around the world. By leveraging massive amounts of data and machine learning, the company has developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions. Through its B2B initiative, Hopper Cloud, the company is syndicating its travel fintech products and inventory, providing companies that aspire to sell travel a differentiated consumer experience and offering. Hopper sells around $6 billion in travel and travel fintech annually. To find out more about Hopper, visit Hopper.com.
Things you should know: Media releases are prepared without considering an individual reader’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Readers should consider the appropriateness to their circumstances. Visit Important Information to access Product Disclosure Statements or Terms and Conditions which are currently available electronically for products of the Commonwealth Bank Group, along with the relevant Financial Services Guide. Target Market Determinations are available here. Loan applications are subject to credit approval. Interest rates are correct at the time they are published and are subject to change. Fees and charges may apply.