Commonwealth Bank will provide Emergency Assistance to customers and communities in Queensland impacted by flooding caused by Tropical Cyclone Jasper.
Commonwealth Bank’s Retail Banking Services Group Executive, Angus Sullivan said: “We’re here to support our Queensland customers and employees through Tropical Cyclone Jasper and the flood-affected communities. We have a range of tailored support options available, and our website has the most up-to-date branch and service information.”
“We thank emergency services who are working hard to protect communities in the region,” Mr Sullivan said.
CBA understands each customer will have different needs and encourages any customers affected to message us in the CommBank app, call our Emergency Assist on 1800 314 695 or visit us in branch when it is safe to do so. Business customers can also call 132 607 or speak with their dedicated CommBank relationship manager.
For more information on the support we're providing to impacted communities, visit: commbank.com.au/support/natural-disasters
CBA Emergency Assistance includes a range of support, including:
- Customised payment arrangements for home loans, credit card, personal loan and some business loans.
- Waiving fees and charges.
- Temporary overdrafts, additional loans or emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Waiving fees and notice periods for early access to Term Deposits.
- Emergency accommodation may be available for customers who have taken out Home Insurance provided by Hollard, distributed by CommBank, subject to policy terms and conditions.
- Helping direct claims enquiries for customers seeking support through their Home Insurance provided by Hollard, distributed by CommBank.
- Loan restructuring for business customers and existing loans.
- Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as support with merchant terminal rental fees.
For emergency help in storms, call the State Emergency Service on 132 500. Alternatively, visit Queensland state emergency service assistance . In a life-threatening emergency, call 000 (triple zero).
Things you should know: Media releases are prepared without considering an individual readers’ objectives, financial situation or needs. This is intended to provide general information of an educational nature only. It does not have regard to the financial situation or needs of any reader and must not be relied upon as financial product advice.
Readers should consider the appropriateness to their circumstances. Visit Important Information to access Product Disclosure Statements or Terms and Conditions which are currently available electronically for products of the Commonwealth Bank Group, along with the relevant Financial Services Guide. Target Market Determinations are available here. Loan applications are subject to credit approval. Interest rates are correct at the time they are published and are subject to change. Fees and charges may apply.
Hollard Insurance Partners Limited (Hollard) ABN 96 067 524 216, AFSL 235030 is the insurer for Home Insurance distributed by Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL and Australian credit licence 234945. CBA does not guarantee Hollard’s insurance products.