Craig Brooke, Commonwealth Bank Regional General Manager for South Australia, said: “We understand this may be an uncertain and difficult time for some customers and businesses in the Whyalla region.
“Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist with any financial concerns or enquiries.
“Anyone can experience financial problems and this can be upsetting and stressful, which is why we always encourage customers to speak with us early.
“Where customers are experiencing financial difficulties, we will work with them to discuss their options and work through any hurdles that may arise in meeting their obligations,” said Mr Brooke.
Customers can discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning 1300 720 814 or visiting the Whyalla or Port Augusta Commonwealth Bank branches. Businesses can also contact the CBA Business Service Centre on 1300 772 968 or their Relationship Manager.
As part of our support, we can discuss a range of options including:
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving charges and notice periods for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
The Commonwealth Bank branch in Whyalla is located at 7 Forsyth Street and the branch at Port Augusta is at 32 Commercial Rd. Both branches are open from 9.30am to 4pm Monday - Thursday and 9.30am to 5pm on Fridays. Alternatively, our Customer Assist line 1300 720 814 is available Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 8.30pm (SA time) or 8.30am to 1.30pm Saturday (SA time).