Commonwealth Bank’s Albert, Australia’s first purpose-built payment tablet, will now feature leading retail management software Vend’s Point of Sale (POS) app, providing thousands of small and medium-sized retailers with access to new tools such as inventory management, analytics and customer loyalty.
Founded in October 2010, Vend is the world’s first cloud-based retail POS software. Retailers will be able to connect Commonwealth Bank’s Albert terminal with Vend on their iPad, Mac or PC to accept payments and make sales on-the-go, and automatically sync their payment data to eliminate manual errors.
“Commonwealth Bank endeavours to provide the best experience for all customers and provide them with access to leading edge technology. Our partnership with Vend is another great example of the innovation we bring to clients to help them succeed. Vend provides all the benefits of mobile payments combined with a point of sale that significantly improves the customer experience and how a retailer manages their business,” says Claire Roberts, CommBank’s Executive General Manager of SME Business Banking.
“This partnership with Commonwealth Bank demonstrates the strength of our platform and the difference it’s making to retailers across Australia, and that’s something we’re very proud of,” says Alex Fala, Vend CEO.
With Vend on Albert, retailers can:
- Offer faster, more secure transactions to provide a better customer experience
- Eliminate double entry and manual end-of-day reconciliations, with payments flowing directly from Commonwealth Bank’s Albert to Vend
- Make more informed business decisions more quickly with access to sales, product and performance data analytics in Vend
- More easily track and manage stock across multiple stores and sales channels through Vend’s advanced inventory management tool
- Scale easily by adding products, staff, customers, registers and stores in just a few clicks.
CBA’s partnership with a wide range of developers and providers, such as Vend, is what sets Albert apart from its competitors in the market.
In Australia’s competitive retail landscape, Albert is offering business owners more tools and opportunities to help them manage their day-to-day operations. This is allowing them more time to serve and interact with their customers, giving them a more memorable in-store experience.