Commonwealth Bank has extended its Emergency Assistance Package to customers and businesses in Northern New South Wales affected by the current weather conditions.
We have previously announced assistance measures are also available to customers in Queensland who have been affected by the severe weather.
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist with any financial concerns or enquiries.
We understand each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by phoning 1300 720 814.
As part of our Emergency Assistance Package, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged.
- Expediting claims for CommInsure customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties due to the weather.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving fees for temporary and damaged merchant EFTPOS terminals, as well as merchant fees until trading recommences.
- For Asset Finance customers waiving the early termination amount for insurance payouts.
- Waiving charges and notice periods for affected customers wishing to access term deposits ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
How can customers contact Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure?
- Customers affected by the storms can access our Emergency Assistance Package by phoning 1300 720 814.
- CommInsure customers can also phone 13 24 23.
How can customers find out what branches are closed?
- Updates on branches can be found at www.commbank.com.au/info