Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by Cyclone Marcia in Queensland and northern New South Wales and Cyclone Lam in the Northern Territory.
“These storms are causing loss and devastation and we would like to do what we can for our affected customers and community members at this difficult time,” Kevin Meehan, Queensland Regional General Manager, said.
“We have established a dedicated phone line to assist those who may need to discuss their circumstances and our people are on hand to help. If you need assistance or advice, please call 1300 720 814 or visit a branch.”
Special arrangements are in place to provide support to our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our people are ready to assist them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
As part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, we can discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged because of the cyclone.
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the cyclone.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving charges and notice periods for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning 1300 720 814 or visiting their nearest open branch.
A list of our branches that are closed can be found on www.commbank.com.au/emergencyassistance