Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in South Australia.
We have established a dedicated phone line to assist those who may need to discuss their circumstances and our staff are on hand to help. If you need assistance or advice, please call 1300 720 814 or visit a branch.
Special arrangements are in place to support our Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and our staff are ready to assist them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
As part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, we can help discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged by the fire.
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the fires.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
We understand that each customer will have different needs and we encourage our affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances with us by either phoning: 1300 720 814 or visiting their nearest open branch.